Fleas can be extremely unpleasant for dog owners and their pets. Treatment is very important in the early stages or in helping to actually prevent infestations. But what are the best flea and tick products for dogs?
Prevention is the best path to take, but it’s also important to talk to your vet for advice if you are unsure about which treatment you should use.
We hope that the following information below will help, you make the best choice from the various options available to you. Watch the following video review and discover what you need to know.
Here are our top 5 picks for the best flea and tick products for dogs.
This Seresto Flea and Tea collar give a delivery system that is innovative. The product which is recommended by vets, is for large dogs and puppies and is specifically formulated to kill and repel ticks and fleas.
The two important and active ingredients are called flumethrin, which repels and kills ticks, nymphs, and larvae, plus imidacloprid which helps to control flea infestations. Both of these ingredients work to provide protection for up to eight months.
- This prevention treatment is recommended by vets.
- Repels and kills fleas within 24 hours.
- Easy-to-use, adjustable collar which is odorless and non-greasy.
- The formula which is water-resistant continues to work for up to eight months,
- Some owners found that the collar did not last as long as they thought it would.
This Flea and Tick treatment from Frontline Plus is long-lasting, fast-acting and waterproof. It will help to control the ticks and fleas on puppies and large dogs. The two ingredients, methoprene and fipronil will help to prevent further infestations, by killing any eggs and larvae. Will provide long-lasting tick and flea control, for 30 days after application.
- The treatment is fast-acting, long-lasting, and waterproof.
- It provides treatment for large-breed dogs.
- Made with two tough pest control ingredients.
- It provides long-lasting flea and tick control for 30 days after it is applied.
- It didn’t work for some dogs.
Help protect your large dog from the harmful diseases that parasitic pests can transmit, with this K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Treatment. Recommended by vets, it is specifically formulated to repel and kill mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks on contact. It also helps to prevent re-infestation. and starts working within 12 hours. It contains permethrin, pyriproxyfen, and imidacloprid.
- Recommended by vets to repel and kill ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes on dogs.
- Prevents re-infestation by killing all life stages of fleas.
- The waterproof formula continues to work for up to four weeks.
- A convenient, monthly topical application.
- The product didn’t work for some dogs.
This Flea and Tick treatment from Frontline Plus for medium dogs is long-lasting, fast-acting and waterproof. It contains methoprene and fipronil which help to prevent further infestations, by killing the larvae, fleas, and eggs. For 30 days, it can provide tick and flea prevention.
- The product is fast-acting and waterproof.
- Kills fleas, larvae and eggs, and larvae.
- Works for 30 days after application.
- It didn’t work for some dogs.
You can help make sure that your dog is free of fleas with Capstar Flea Tablets for Dogs. The treatment is fast-acting because it begins to start working within 30 minutes and adult fleas can be eliminated within hours.
This will bring less discomfort and itchiness, without the odor and mess, when applying a topical solution.
- Nitenpyram starts working within 30 minutes to eliminate the fleas.
- Treatment is safe for puppies four weeks and older.
- Kills adult fleas within 4 hours for dogs.
- Easy to dispense tablets, with no odors or messes.
- Didn’t work for some dogs
This presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images and attributions: