Fleas are just unpleasant for your dog and also for their owners. It’s important to treat your pet in the early stages because it can help to prevent infestations. There are various types of dog shampoos, but what is the best flea and tick shampoo for dogs.
This product is a special type of medicated shampoo, which kills fleas and prevents them from returning. It’s important to use the shampoo on a continuable basis, to be effective and help relieve any discomfort that your dog could experience.
In addition, always ensure that the shampoo can be used on your pet and that there are no problems because all dogs are different.
Here are our Top 5 Picks for Best Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs.
Richard’s Organics Flea & Tick Shampoo is specially formulated to kill ticks and fleas. This is a treatment that is natural, free of chemicals, and paraben and sulfate. Therefore safe to use around your pet.
- Kills ticks, fleas and repels mosquitoes without the use of harsh chemicals.
- A natural treatment that is safe to use on dogs over 12 weeks.
- Cedarwood Oil is good for coat conditioning.
- No artificial colors or fragrance.
- It does not work for some dogs.
This sensitive Flea & Tick Shampoo from Adams Plus will prevent flea re-infestation, by killing larvae and flea eggs. It contains lanolin, coconut extract, and aloe to help condition the skin. Safe to use on your dogs which are over 12 weeks.
- Formulated effectively kill adult fleas, ticks, and lice.
- It comes with soothing ingredients such as lanolin, aloe, and coconut extract.
- Prevents flea re-infestation for up to 28 days.
- It can be used on dogs over 12-weeks of age.
- Does not work for some dogs.
This veterinary formula Clinical Care treatment controls ticks and fleas on contact and also exfoliates and cleanses the skin. The shampoo which is fresh smelling will help to keep your pet’s coat soft.
- It contains pyrethrins to control fleas and ticks on contact.
- Lanolin and Aloe help to soothe irritated skin bites.
- Safe to use on dogs over 12 weeks.
- Gently exfoliates and cleanses the skin and coat.
- Does not work for some dogs.
This Shampoo from Sentry will kill ticks and fleas for up to 10 days. This includes the ticks that can carry Lyme disease. The treatment can clean and deodorize.
- Kills ticks and fleas for up to 10 days.
- It is pH balanced for coat and skin health.
- Soothes dry and irritated skin.
- It helps to kill the ticks that can carry Lyme disease.
- Not working for some dogs.
This shampoo from Hartz kills ticks and fleas and is suitable for pups over 6months of age and dogs. It is fast-acting with a lovely scent of citrus, helping your pet smell its best. Ticks and fleas can be controlled and got rid of with this great shampoo.
- It provides long-lasting protection from fleas and ticks.
- Flea and tick shampoo is specially designed for dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older.
- Specially formulated with a fresh and lovely citrus scent.
- Gentle and fast-acting shampoo.
Important Information: When flies die, they rise to the top of your pet’s coat, so if you see some, take this as a positive. Since it can take up to 30 days for the treatment to break the entire life cycle, you also might see more fleas after applying the application. These could have been picked up from other pets or other areas outside.
Always remember to read the instructions on the label of any product you purchase.
Please SHARE this content. Thank you.